To be a poll worker in Decatur County, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered voter of Decatur County (exception: high school students)
- Attend training provided by the Election Board
- Work a full day, from setup to tear down, on Election Day 5:00am to approximately 6:30pm
- Have access to transportation
If you’re interested in becoming a poll worker in Decatur County please contact our office 812-663-8223 ext 5 or email email@example.com
Hoosier Hall Pass
The Hoosier Hall Pass poll worker recruitment program enables 16 and 17-year-old students a “live” experience of democracy in action on Election Day. This program provides an opportunity for students to learn about democracy, to actively participate in their community and work to support free and fair elections in Indiana.
Current Indiana law allows 16 and 17-year-old high school students to work as poll workers on Election Day, under the following provisions: The individual:
- Is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years of age.
- Has a written approval from their principal or, if the student is educated at home, the approval of the individual responsible for the education of the student.
- Has the approval of their parent or guardian.
- Is a citizen of the United States and a resident of the county in which they wish to work on Election Day.
- Must satisfactorily complete any training required by the county election board and is otherwise eligible to serve as a precinct officer.